About This Event:
There are 2 options available for purchasing this workshop: 1) Just the ticket only and you bring all of your own materials, wood, paints, etc., or 2) The ticket + all of the supplies directly shipped to you!
You'll learn allllll about the wonderful world of handmade watercolors and how to use them on your wood art in a hands-on, practical, and tactical workshop.
To start, you should have your wood w/ the template already burned and ready to paint, OR whatever other design you might want to try painting. This workshop will be focused on painting in pyrography art with handmade watercolors, however, the principles and the watercolors are still applicable to non-pyrography wood art without woodburning as well. Being a woodburning artist is not a requirement for taking this workshop.
You are also free to enjoy this workshop without the materials to just listen and learn, and you can decide to purchase watercolors/materials later on and watch the replay if you'd like.
Curriculum // What You'll Learn:
For this LIVE 1.5-hour workshop, we'll start with basic instructions and how-tos for the various watercolors, and you'll be sampling and swatching these colors on the wood panel.
As you explore and learn about the different colors and what all they do, you can also start painting in the various designs at the bottom of the template.
You can even bring your current personal wood art pieces and paint along in the class to receive live feedback and ask questions.
As you play with the colors, you'll start seeing the differences between the paints and will learn about water control, brush control, and color bleeding. You will also learn about various ways to "fix" your watercolor mistakes with various tools Renee recommends.
This class comes with a template, but you are free to not use it if you choose.
- Exploring 7 different kinds of handmade watercolors, including chrome, glitter, dual/two-toned, metallics, and pastels.
- Real-life practice with the provided template designs
- Painting small spaces
- Different brush strokes
- Water control
- Keeping your lines clean
- How to "fix" mistakes
- Mistake tools
Date and Time
Friday, March 24, 2023
8:30 - 10:00 PM EST
A private zoom link will be sent to your email the day before class. The class will be hosted in this Zoom call. Please check your Spam or "Junk" email folders if you do not see it in your inbox.
You Will Need to Have // Pre-requisites
- You will need to have the template pre-burned on the wood (or wood of your choice) ahead of time. This class does not include woodburning time.
- Wood panel (or wood of your choice)
- Scrap wood (Optional- this is just for extra practicing or sampling)
- Water cup
- Paper towel or paint rag
- Any other materials you want to have handy during your art session
What You Will Receive:
- 1.5-hr project instruction
- Plenty of time for Q+A with thorough answers and examples
- Templates of various sizes (will be included in a ZIP file after you purchase a ticket)
- Zoom meeting link (will be emailed to you)
- Recording of the class (available through a private link post-class)
Options for Class Tickets:
Class ticket ONLY = $62
Class ticket + materials = $102 w/ free shipping
- Project-specific 6" X 9" cherry panel handmade by David
- 8 handmade watercolor dot samples (everyone will get different colors)
- Small-tipped paintbrush
- A pipette
- Watercolor paper
- Mistake fixer tools
Option 1 will immediately send you the ZIP file to your email and you can start gathering materials right away. No other materials will be sent.
Option 2 will ship the wood piece + watercolor dot samples to you prior to class, as well as the ZIP file to your email. Tracking information will be provided for the shipped materials. US Shipping only at this time.
This class is open globally to anyone, anywhere.
Option 2 will CLOSE a week before class, so March 17 @ 8:30 PM EST. After this, only Option 1 will be available, as I have to make sure all class material orders will arrive to you the week before class.
If you still want to purchase the project materials after this window has closed, feel free to email us and we will send you a private link to purchase it. Just know that delivery cannot be guaranteed before the class date, so this is at your own risk.