All pieces are completely made and processed by hand. We use a variety of hand tools, like chisels and hand planes, and power tools, like a lathe and orbital sander, to process our wood and create beautiful things. All of the Burnables are sanded smooth and ready for immediate burning! You don't need to do anything to the wood in order to begin burning on it unless you want to sand the pieces to an even smoother grit.
The large Burnables Box contains the following:
- 1 cherry box (an actual burnable box!) with a hinged lid
- 1 square ornament (green poplar, red cedar, or sassafras)
- 1 diamond ornament (green poplar, red cedar, or sassafras)
- 1 triangle ornament (green poplar, red cedar, or sassafras)
- 4 extra geometric ornaments (random shape and wood)
- 1 plank (river birch or maple)
- 7 magnets
- 1 round spalted maple canvas w/ bark
- Scraps of the different wood species for practice before burning on the pieces
- Hanging hardware
Cherry box: approx. 8" X 10" X 5"
- Square: approx 3" across
- Diamond: ranges between 2.5"-3 3/8" across
- Triangle: approx 3.5" across
- River birch or maple planks: ranges between 2.5"-3.5" X 6"-9.5"
- Spalted maple round: varies between 4.5"-5.5"
- Magnets: varies between 1"-2.75"
Note: We are not a large supply company and do not batch out our wood pieces in mass quantities on large equipment. We are a very small little business- just David and Renee- and operate out of David's grandmother's basement and our own house. Each and every piece is measured by hand, cut by hand, processed by hand, and sanded by hand.
Expect some imperfections in the wood and bark. Irregularities and defects are the nature of wood. While we tried our best to work around the irregularities or fix the irregularities, some pieces still contain them. This is just the way of the wood!